THE WORK for Davao (WFD) program of the city government has benefited about 20,180 since its implementation in June.
Norman Baloro, head of the program, said of the beneficiaries 7,260 received their subsidies for a 10-day work rendered as the program provides assistance to workers who were affected by the impact of the coronavirus disease 2019 pandemic.
“We have 11 batches with a total of 20,180 beneficiaries. The subsidies for batch one to four have already been released while we are scheduling the pay-outs for Batch five to nine. The batch 10 and 11 are on-going with WFD implementation,” Bolero said.
The program has used about P80 million of the P169.944 million budget from the Local Government Support Fund sourced from the Department of Budget and Management (DBM).
The number of beneficiaries was about half of the 42,900 target, he added.
Under the program, a beneficiary receives P396 a day, the minimum daily wage in the city, and works for 10 days. It will run until December.
The city government conceptualized the program as part of helping those who were displaced from their jobs as a result of the pandemic. The beneficiaries are made to work for clean-up drive, dengue awareness campaign, Brigada Eskwela. Others are also tapped for disinfection of parks and markets and their barangay.
Those who have applied to become beneficiaries can check the status of their applications through the program’s Facebook page or can send an email to the program through the firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls