THE Philippine Rural Development Project (PRDP) on Thursday turned over to the Tapak Farmers Marketing Cooperative in Paquibato District key equipment worth P3 million as part of the Investment for Rural Enterprise for Agriculture and Fisheries Productivity component.
“Sa atong mga mag-uuma sa Tapak Farmers Marketing Cooprative, ang atong beneficiaries, dako ang akong pasalamat kaninyo sa inyong kontribusyon sa paglambo sa Siyudad sa Dabaw,” Mayor Sara Duterte said, in her message delivered for her by Engr. Edgardo Haspe of the City Agriculturist Office.
“Nanghinaot ko na inyong ampingan ning tractor, stripping machines ug timbangan aron magamit ninyo sa dugay pang panahon. Pahimoslan ninyo ni aron mapalambo ang inyong komunidad dinhi sa Tapak,” said Haspe as the mayor’s representative.
Capt John Louie Dema-ala, Civil Military Operation officer of 1003rd Infantry Brigade, said those that were turned over to the cooperative included a tractor with a trailer, eight spindle stripping machines and four weighing scales.
Lt Col. Donald Gaffus, executive officer of brigade who represented the commander of the unit, Brig Gen Nolasco Mempin, advised the farmers to use equipment to enhance their livelihood activities.
The project is part of the campaign of the government to enhance livelihood activities in the rural areas which also aims to persuade members of the communist movement to return to the fold of the law.
Also attending the activity were Lt Col Silas Trasmontero of the 89th Infantry Battalion, Agriculture Regional Director Director Ricardo Oñate Jr., Second District Councilor Ralph Abella, Tapak Barangay Captain Rolly Latawan and other representatives of government agencies and members of the communities within the district.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market