SEVEN INDIVIDUALS, including an employee of the barangay, were caught in the act betting on cards in Purok 20, de Lara Street, Calinan Poblacion on Friday evening.
They were identified as Virginia Nudalo, 57; Fernando Guevarra, 55, employed at the Office of Barangay Calinan Poblacion; Juvelyn Asis; Jessie Bayawan, 59; Lucia Olores, 59; Rogelio Bihagan, 48, helper, and Glecerio Dela Cerna, 60.
Maj. Jake Goles, commander of the Calinan Police Station, said they responded to a call from a concerned citizen regarding the rampant illegal gambling activity visibly played at the front yard of a resident.
The suspects are temporarily held in the Calinan Police Station. Confiscated from them were two sets of plastic playing cards and a total of P441 in bet money.
‘’The success of this operation serves as a stern warning to the public that the Calinan Police Station 10 is relentless and adamant in the implementation of laws and issuances in relation to COVID-19 and it has not distracted our attention from curbing all sorts of criminality, including gambling,” Goles said.
“Instead, this has made us even more focused and determined in curbing crimes, so people better behave and cooperate,” he added.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos