SEVEN INDIVIDUALS, including an employee of the barangay, were caught in the act betting on cards in Purok 20, de Lara Street, Calinan Poblacion on Friday evening.
They were identified as Virginia Nudalo, 57; Fernando Guevarra, 55, employed at the Office of Barangay Calinan Poblacion; Juvelyn Asis; Jessie Bayawan, 59; Lucia Olores, 59; Rogelio Bihagan, 48, helper, and Glecerio Dela Cerna, 60.
Maj. Jake Goles, commander of the Calinan Police Station, said they responded to a call from a concerned citizen regarding the rampant illegal gambling activity visibly played at the front yard of a resident.
The suspects are temporarily held in the Calinan Police Station. Confiscated from them were two sets of plastic playing cards and a total of P441 in bet money.
‘’The success of this operation serves as a stern warning to the public that the Calinan Police Station 10 is relentless and adamant in the implementation of laws and issuances in relation to COVID-19 and it has not distracted our attention from curbing all sorts of criminality, including gambling,” Goles said.
“Instead, this has made us even more focused and determined in curbing crimes, so people better behave and cooperate,” he added.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories