LAW ENFORCERS arrested a man Saturday for allegedly selling 10 cases of liquor at Lot 5, Block 5, Taal Uno Bangkal, Brgy. Talomo.
Major Milgrace Driz, Criminal Investigation and Detection Group -Davao City Field Unit (CIDG-DCFU) chief, said Jose Laroa Datuin, married, and a resident of the area was collared while selling the liquor even when the city government has not lifted the liquor ban.
Datuin is set to face a case for violating Republic Act 1132, (Mandatory Reporting of Notifiable Diseases and Health Events of Public Health Concern Act). in relation to City Ordinance No. 004-13 Series of 2013 (Liquor Ban), and Executive Order No. 47. The case was filed before the City Prosecution Office through electronic inquest procedure
A team composed of those from the CIDG-DCFU and the Talomo Police Station was conducting an operation that resulted in the arrest of Datuin who yielded P1,000 in cash and the liquor.
“This report came from concerned residents of that area in Bangkal kay daghan daw instances na naay naga maoy,” Driz said.
Early this month, Mayor Sara Duterte said she would evaluate on August 15 whether there is a need to lift the ban. The mayor, however, has not made any announcement in relation to the ban.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market