LAW ENFORCERS arrested a man Saturday for allegedly selling 10 cases of liquor at Lot 5, Block 5, Taal Uno Bangkal, Brgy. Talomo.
Major Milgrace Driz, Criminal Investigation and Detection Group -Davao City Field Unit (CIDG-DCFU) chief, said Jose Laroa Datuin, married, and a resident of the area was collared while selling the liquor even when the city government has not lifted the liquor ban.
Datuin is set to face a case for violating Republic Act 1132, (Mandatory Reporting of Notifiable Diseases and Health Events of Public Health Concern Act). in relation to City Ordinance No. 004-13 Series of 2013 (Liquor Ban), and Executive Order No. 47. The case was filed before the City Prosecution Office through electronic inquest procedure
A team composed of those from the CIDG-DCFU and the Talomo Police Station was conducting an operation that resulted in the arrest of Datuin who yielded P1,000 in cash and the liquor.
“This report came from concerned residents of that area in Bangkal kay daghan daw instances na naay naga maoy,” Driz said.
Early this month, Mayor Sara Duterte said she would evaluate on August 15 whether there is a need to lift the ban. The mayor, however, has not made any announcement in relation to the ban.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized