THE Davao City Police Office turned over to its national headquarters Friday the suspected Abu Sayaff Group leader who surrendered in the city last week.
City Police Office Director Kirby John Kraft said over the weekend that Major Joemel Pederio and a Special Action Force team, who were the escorts of Abduljahid Susukan, arrived at the Custodial Service Unit of Camp Crame.
The team immediately turned over Susukan to Lt. Lt Col Jigger Naceda, chief of the Civil Security Unit.
Nur Misuari, chair of the Moro National Liberation Front, facilitated Susukan’s surrender at a subdivision in Maa Thursday evening.
Police Director General Archie Gamboa thanked the Moro rebel’s chieftain for ensuring that Susukan give himself up after he was found to have come to the city to seek medical attention.
Susukan had been a subject of warrants of arrests, 23 of them for murder, 10 for kidnapping and serious illegal detention and six for frustrated murder.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence