THE Davao City Police Office turned over to its national headquarters Friday the suspected Abu Sayaff Group leader who surrendered in the city last week.
City Police Office Director Kirby John Kraft said over the weekend that Major Joemel Pederio and a Special Action Force team, who were the escorts of Abduljahid Susukan, arrived at the Custodial Service Unit of Camp Crame.
The team immediately turned over Susukan to Lt. Lt Col Jigger Naceda, chief of the Civil Security Unit.
Nur Misuari, chair of the Moro National Liberation Front, facilitated Susukan’s surrender at a subdivision in Maa Thursday evening.
Police Director General Archie Gamboa thanked the Moro rebel’s chieftain for ensuring that Susukan give himself up after he was found to have come to the city to seek medical attention.
Susukan had been a subject of warrants of arrests, 23 of them for murder, 10 for kidnapping and serious illegal detention and six for frustrated murder.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon