THE Davao City Police Office turned over to its national headquarters Friday the suspected Abu Sayaff Group leader who surrendered in the city last week.
City Police Office Director Kirby John Kraft said over the weekend that Major Joemel Pederio and a Special Action Force team, who were the escorts of Abduljahid Susukan, arrived at the Custodial Service Unit of Camp Crame.
The team immediately turned over Susukan to Lt. Lt Col Jigger Naceda, chief of the Civil Security Unit.
Nur Misuari, chair of the Moro National Liberation Front, facilitated Susukan’s surrender at a subdivision in Maa Thursday evening.
Police Director General Archie Gamboa thanked the Moro rebel’s chieftain for ensuring that Susukan give himself up after he was found to have come to the city to seek medical attention.
Susukan had been a subject of warrants of arrests, 23 of them for murder, 10 for kidnapping and serious illegal detention and six for frustrated murder.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art