ELDERLY residents are urged to avail of free influenza and pneumonia vaccine shots from the City Health Office (CHO).
Dr. Josephine Villafuerte, Davao City Health Office chief, said those who want to get vaccinated should go to the CHO or the health centers.
Villafuerte said they are prioritizing senior citizens because they are more vulnerable and likely to get respiratory illnesses. “Our senior citizens can visit the CHO dispensary and the nearest health centers for the free flu and pneumonia vaccine,” she said.
The CHO is administering the vaccine shots to senior citizens every Friday to avoid crowding and ensure that health protocols against Covid-19 are being followed.
She urged them to take the vaccines, especially that the rainy season is here and during this time, flu and respiratory diseases are very common.
Villafuerte said that the flu vaccine costs around P1,000 per vial while the pneumonia vaccine costs Php 2,000 if bought privately but are offered by the CHO for free.
The CHO has about 5,000 vials of flu vaccines to be distributed to senior citizens, while the supply of pneumonia vaccines is more limited. The flu vaccine is administered yearly while the pneumonia vaccine is given every five years.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1