LAW enforcement units in the city have been place on high alert after Police Director General Archie Gamboa announced the turnover of suspected Abu Sayyaf leader Abduljihad “Edang” Susukan to the Philippine National Police at the residence by Moro National Liberation Front chair Nur Misuari at a subdivision in the city Thursday.
“We thank Chairman Nur Misuari for facilitating the negotiation between the PNP, headed by Col Kirby John Kraft, Davao City Police Director, and Edang Susukan,” Gamboa said as the negotiation for Susukan came about after he was brought to the city to seek medical attention.
Gamboa added, “The PNP immediately advised Mayor Inday Sara Duterte who assured us her full cooperation and assistance, to ensure the peaceful handover and orderly transfer of custody to appropriate authorities.”
Authorities served 23 warrants of arrest for murder cases,10 for kidnapping and serious illegal detention and six for frustrated murder.
Susukan will undergo a medical check up at the Camp Quintin Merecido Hospital.
Kraft said after the check up Susukan willbe brought to the Davao City Police Office headquarters for custody.
Col. Consolito Yecla, the commander of Task Force Davao said they are on high alert status.
” We have consolidated our armored vehicle (unit) to support DCPO in San Pedro area,” Yecla said, adding that the military unit has also intensified the monitoring of the coastline and entry points to the city.
During the serving of the warrants, the military unit also provided personnel and two armored vehicles to assist the police.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1