A 33-YEAR-OLD driver is now facing a child abuse charge after he pummeled his 4-year-old son inside their house in Barangay Astorga, Sta Cruz, Davao del Sur on Sunday evening.
According to the Sta. Cruz Municipal Police Station, alias Marie, 40, brought her son Junjun to the police station to seek assistance over what happened to him. They accused alias Boboy of hitting the boy (all the names are withheld to protect the victim).
Police officers went to their house and arrested the suspect.
The report said that at 6 p.m. that day, the suspect arrived at their house already intoxicated from alcohol. Without apparent reason, he proceeded to beat up the boy. The child suffered bruises and swelling on his face and different parts of his body.
The suspect will face a case for violating R.A. 7610 and is now detained in the Sta. Cruz Police Station.
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach