A 33-YEAR-OLD driver is now facing a child abuse charge after he pummeled his 4-year-old son inside their house in Barangay Astorga, Sta Cruz, Davao del Sur on Sunday evening.
According to the Sta. Cruz Municipal Police Station, alias Marie, 40, brought her son Junjun to the police station to seek assistance over what happened to him. They accused alias Boboy of hitting the boy (all the names are withheld to protect the victim).
Police officers went to their house and arrested the suspect.
The report said that at 6 p.m. that day, the suspect arrived at their house already intoxicated from alcohol. Without apparent reason, he proceeded to beat up the boy. The child suffered bruises and swelling on his face and different parts of his body.
The suspect will face a case for violating R.A. 7610 and is now detained in the Sta. Cruz Police Station.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?