A 33-YEAR-OLD driver is now facing a child abuse charge after he pummeled his 4-year-old son inside their house in Barangay Astorga, Sta Cruz, Davao del Sur on Sunday evening.
According to the Sta. Cruz Municipal Police Station, alias Marie, 40, brought her son Junjun to the police station to seek assistance over what happened to him. They accused alias Boboy of hitting the boy (all the names are withheld to protect the victim).
Police officers went to their house and arrested the suspect.
The report said that at 6 p.m. that day, the suspect arrived at their house already intoxicated from alcohol. Without apparent reason, he proceeded to beat up the boy. The child suffered bruises and swelling on his face and different parts of his body.
The suspect will face a case for violating R.A. 7610 and is now detained in the Sta. Cruz Police Station.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market