A 33-YEAR-OLD driver is now facing a child abuse charge after he pummeled his 4-year-old son inside their house in Barangay Astorga, Sta Cruz, Davao del Sur on Sunday evening.
According to the Sta. Cruz Municipal Police Station, alias Marie, 40, brought her son Junjun to the police station to seek assistance over what happened to him. They accused alias Boboy of hitting the boy (all the names are withheld to protect the victim).
Police officers went to their house and arrested the suspect.
The report said that at 6 p.m. that day, the suspect arrived at their house already intoxicated from alcohol. Without apparent reason, he proceeded to beat up the boy. The child suffered bruises and swelling on his face and different parts of his body.
The suspect will face a case for violating R.A. 7610 and is now detained in the Sta. Cruz Police Station.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months