THREE alleged drug pushers were arrested while P200,000 worth of shabu was seized from them in a buy-bust operation along Calachuchi Street, Upper Mintal at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday.
They were identified as Jemar Repollo Locsin, 33, driver, and a resident of the area; Injie Navalque Gonzalez, 26, a resident of Crossing Landing, Darong, Toril, and Mac Ryan Simeon Alcordo, 20, welder, and a resident of Barangay 76-A.
Maj. Ricky Obenza, the Tugbok Police Station commander, said the team recovered suspected shabu weighing 8.2 grams with a street value of P200,000. They also confiscated P220 in cash and three cellular phones from the suspects.
The suspects are now temporarily detained in the Tugbok Police Station. They will face a case for violation of sections 5 and 11 of RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach