A 32-YEAR-OLD alleged swindler was arrested in an entrapment operation conducted at Camella Northpoint, Buhangin District on Friday afternoon.
The suspect was identified as Gliezl Mission Bancal, 32, a resident of Building 4, Camella Northpoint, Buhangin.
Maj. Estrello Ramiso, the commander of Buhangin Police Station, said the arresting officers confiscated P900,000 worth of check from the suspect.
The operation was conducted by the personnel of the Davao City Police Office Special Operations Group, City Intelligence Unit, and the Davao City Anti-Scam Unit.
Personnel of the Davao City Anti-Scam Unit referred the victim, identified as Mary Charette R. Timbol, 41, businesswoman, and a resident of Maniki, Kapalong, Davao Del Norte, to the police, which launched the sting operation.
According to Timbol, the suspect convinced her in January 2018 to buy her house and lot located at Phase 1, Block 9, Lot 13 in Camella, Lessandra Davao North Subdivision, in Barangay Communal for a contract of sale amounting to P2,600,000 on an installment basis.
The suspect reportedly assured her that the property was free from obligation and so the victim gave an initial P1.6 million. However, Timbol confirmed from Camella’s in-house financing division that the property was not yet fully paid.
On Aug. 7, 2020, the suspect demanded the full payment of the remaining balance from the victim. Timbol then sought the assistance of the authorities.
Recovered evidence included the P2,000 cash dusted with ultra-violet powder on top of the P98,000 boodle money, and a check amounting to P900,000. The suspect was brought to the Special Operations Group for processing.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market