A 32-YEAR-OLD alleged swindler was arrested in an entrapment operation conducted at Camella Northpoint, Buhangin District on Friday afternoon.
The suspect was identified as Gliezl Mission Bancal, 32, a resident of Building 4, Camella Northpoint, Buhangin.
Maj. Estrello Ramiso, the commander of Buhangin Police Station, said the arresting officers confiscated P900,000 worth of check from the suspect.
The operation was conducted by the personnel of the Davao City Police Office Special Operations Group, City Intelligence Unit, and the Davao City Anti-Scam Unit.
Personnel of the Davao City Anti-Scam Unit referred the victim, identified as Mary Charette R. Timbol, 41, businesswoman, and a resident of Maniki, Kapalong, Davao Del Norte, to the police, which launched the sting operation.
According to Timbol, the suspect convinced her in January 2018 to buy her house and lot located at Phase 1, Block 9, Lot 13 in Camella, Lessandra Davao North Subdivision, in Barangay Communal for a contract of sale amounting to P2,600,000 on an installment basis.
The suspect reportedly assured her that the property was free from obligation and so the victim gave an initial P1.6 million. However, Timbol confirmed from Camella’s in-house financing division that the property was not yet fully paid.
On Aug. 7, 2020, the suspect demanded the full payment of the remaining balance from the victim. Timbol then sought the assistance of the authorities.
Recovered evidence included the P2,000 cash dusted with ultra-violet powder on top of the P98,000 boodle money, and a check amounting to P900,000. The suspect was brought to the Special Operations Group for processing.
- Overhauling the Philippine education system
- STATEMENT |
- DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS | Prime Minister SUGA Yoshihide and President Rodrigo Duterte on the occasion of the 65th Anniversary of Japan-Philippines Friendship
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- NEW FEATURE | Residents can choose vax schedule using DQR
- 19 undergo process to return to mainstream society
- Program to provide help to those affected by HPBS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES | JULY 29, 2021
- Mindanawan lass slays US air defense artillery course