THE LOCAL government has stepped up its campaign to promote four simple ways to cut the chain of COVID-19 transmission in the city.
For more visibility, the campaign on staying at home, wearing masks, social distancing, and frequent washing of hands now comes in banners, posters, and t-shirts to remind Davaoeños on the health protocols.
“It is an awareness campaign, pagpahibalo sa mga tawo nga dunay quarantine (letting the people know that there is a quarantine), the modified general community quarantine and pag moingon ta og (when we say) quarantine, you need to stay home. You only go out for work or to access essential goods and services,” Mayor Sara Duterte said on Friday’s broadcast of the Davao City Disaster Radio.
The “Stay Home” campaign banners the tagline “Save Money, Save Lives, Stay Home”.
The slogan is printed in banners, tarpaulins posted on city government buildings, and elsewhere in the city. It is also on t-shirts for city government employees to wear from Monday to Thursday.
“When you stay at home, therefore, wala gyud kay gasto (you do not spend money). And, of course, kung dili ka magkasakit sa (if you do not get infected with) COVID-19, you can also save money. Kung dili ka matakdan o dili ka makatakod (If you do not get infected or infect others), you save lives,” she said.
The “Stay Home” campaign is separated from three other protocols for businesses to continue operating despite the pandemic.
The mayor also instructed the police, barangay tanods, and other security forces to bring a meter-long stick while on patrol to show the required one-meter distancing.
She is also reaching out to the private sector to come up with their respective campaign materials for the wearing of masks, social distancing, and frequent handwashing with soap and water to remind their clients of their simple contribution in the fight against COVID-19.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021