The Davao City Police Office (DCPO) is creating eight new police stations as its way of enhancing the security of the city.
“The additional stations will be taken from the existing six big police stations based on their population, area, development, and crime situation,” said City Police Office director Col. Kirby John Kraft.
The new police stations are Police Station (PS) 13-Bajada which will be from PS 1-Sta. Ana; PS 14-Torres from PS 2-San Pedro; PS 15-Ecoland; PS16-Ma-a; PS 17-Baliok from PS 3-Talomo; PS 18-Mandug from PS 5-Buhangin; PS 19-Eden from PS 8-Toril; and, PS 20-Los Amigos from PS 9-Tugbok.
Kraft said the creation of additional police stations complies with the National Headquarters-Philippine National Police General Orders No. DPL-18-25 dated December 27, 2019 which spell outs restructuring and strengthening of all city police offices nationwide.
DCPO has been classified as a Class “A” police office and is required to have 20 police stations. At present, it has 12.
Kraft added that the creation of additional eight police stations will make DCPO more accessible to the Dabawenyos.
“This will improve police services like police visibility, faster response time, and better police-community relation.”
Kraft said aid areas for building the police station in Ecoland and Mandug are already available.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1