THE CITY government has achieved 102% of the targetted 186,864 children who will receive the oral polio vaccine as it winds down the five-round “Sabayang Patak Kontra Polio” program.
On the last day of the fifth and final round of the anti-polio vaccination campaign on Aug. 2, 2020, the City Health Office (CHO) recorded a total of 191,575 children who received the OPV vaccine.
Dr. Julinda Acosta, the head of the technical division of CHO, said the CHO teams achieved 102.52 percent or 4,711 more than the initial target of 186,864 children.
Acosta cited the support of Mayor Sara Duterte and Vice Mayor Sebastian Duterte for the success of the anti-polio drive. The two officials have been encouraging healthcare workers and barangay captains to continue with the campaign amid the pandemic.
“One of the factors that motivated our healthcare workers is the go signal of Mayor Inday to continue the campaign despite the COVID-19 situation. The Office of the Vice Mayor also helped in inviting the barangay captains to attend our online orientation of Sabayang Patak Kontra Polio,” she said.
The CHO thanked the healthcare workers, volunteers, and barangay officials for their dedication and commitment.
Although the CHO finished the Sabayang Patak Kontra Polio, routine immunizations are still conducted in all health centers. Some of the vaccines offered by CHO are for measles, Bacillus Calmette–Guérin (BCG) vaccine, diphtheria, and tetanus vaccine.
Acosta also called on to all senior citizens to take advantage of the free flu and pneumonia vaccines given in their nearest health centers. Also, girls aged 9 to 14 years old can avail of the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine or anti-cervical cancer vaccine.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?