As local government units (LGUs) face great challenges in battling the effects of COVID-19, it is necessary to maximize all available resources in order to protect and support their constituents. AboitizPower Oil Business Unit has been closely coordinating with its host localities, lending assistance at every length through various projects. The company is also providing them with much-needed funds through the Energy Regulations 1-94 (ER 1-94) program.
This program allows host communities to directly access funds generated from the operations of AboitizPower facilities, which are intended for use in developing local projects and activities. It is a policy under the Department of Energy (DOE) Act of 1992 and Electric Power Industry Reform Act of 2001 (EPIRA) which states that host communities will receive shares generated by power plants operating in its area.
Through the DOE Department Circular 2020-004-0008, the remitted funds can now be utilized for initiatives to combat the effects of COVID-19.
AboitizPower Oil Business Unit, through Therma Mobile, Inc. (TMO) in Luzon and Therma Marine, Inc. (TMI) in Mindanao, has been assisting local communities in their COVID-19 response and relief efforts funded fully by the ER 1-94 program.
TMO, along with the Navotas Local Government, turned over medical supplies to the workers of Brgy. North Bay Boulevard South and delivered additional relief goods to 6,415 households within the same barangay and in Brgy. North Bay Boulevard North.
Meanwhile, the host LGUs of the TMI unit in Maco, Davao de Oro used their ER 1-94 funds to purchase and distribute food packs for 540 households in Brgy. San Roque, which included rice, canned goods, noodles, and other prime commodities. The funds were also utilized by the municipality to provide 20 units of foot-operated hand-washing facilities.
The second TMI unit based in Nasipit, Agusan del Norte partnered with the Brgy. Sta. Ana local government for the procurement and distribution of rice and food packs for 760 households.
AboitizPower continues to support its host communities, not only by providing assistance in the disbursement of ER 1-94 funds, but also by working closely with its LGU partners in the implementation of COVID-19 response initiatives. AboitizPower’s Oil Business Unit has several more ongoing projects in partnership with host LGUs to further support fellow Filipinos affected by the virus.
- MG Mall Of Asia joins MG Philippines’ Nationwide Dealership Network, and is the first MG Dealership to feature a unique MG “Carffé” Coffee Shop
- EGALITARIAN | Catching up with our neighbors
- CHEMICAL SPILL | Public warned vs. water activities at Davao River until declared safe
- Kadayawan 3D light show at City Hall starts on Aug. 5
- Ex-DA chief Piñol calls for NFA revival to promote PH banana
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Family album
- ROUGH CUTS | Our hat off the CHO
- SEC cancels Flying Bear’s lending license, registration
- City readies aid to quake victims
- LGU, DOH link to enhance campaign on family planning