The Land Transportation and Franchising Regulatory Board (LTFRB) will open next month the Davao City-Caraga Region bus route.
On Wednesday over the Davao City Disaster Radio, LTFRB XI Regional Director Armand Dioso said it is opening three trips daily between Caraga and the city.
Dioso said that LTFRB is finalizing the schedule of the trips in coordination with other local government units where the buses pass through as there might be health protocols and requirements for the passengers to submit.
“We will coordinate this with the concerned LGU nga maagian anang bus route kay basin duna silay mga health protocols nga ipatuman and at the same time if duna silay mga requirement nga pangayuon sa mga pasahero nato nga mag gikan sa Caraga Region (We will coordinate this with the concerned LGU where the bus will pass through as there might be health protocols and requirements for the passengers coming from the Caraga Region),” he said.
The LTFRB is also strictly implementing the terminal-to-terminal drop-off and pick-up point policy since passengers undergo health and symptom screening at the bus terminals.
Even with some changes, Dioso said the fare rate is the same at P13 for the first five kilometers and P2.80 for every succeeding kilometer.
Meanwhile, travellers coming from the city are reminded of the Caraga Region’s protocol requiring all passengers to present a negative Rapid Diagnostic Test (RDT) result and other documentary requirements such as the travel permit.
Dioso is also consulting the Regional Task Force Region XI on some documents required from passengers coming from Caraga Region.
The opening of the Davao City-Caraga Region route will be the first inter-regional route since the start of Community Quarantine last March 2020.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence