The city government has received about 10,000 applications for tertiary education scholarship under the “Tulong Dunong Program”.
The city government and its partner in the implementation of the program, the Commission on Higher Education has added another 2,000 slots as submission of applications ends today.
Norman Baloro, focal person of the, said that of the 11,500 slots, 500 were for children of public jeepney drivers who are expected to be affected when the city government starts implementing the High Priority Bus System (HPBS) project.
Initially, the program was only intended for children of public jeepney drivers who are entering college, but the city government decided to expand its coverage as many of the children of these drivers have yet to complete their secondary education.
Baloro said his office has started assessing who among the 10,000 applicants could qualify for the scholarship as he urged them to monitor the official Facebook page for the program.
“Sa atoang mga aplikante, they have to be always guided with the information and updates from our official Facebook page, CHED and LGU Davao Tulong Dunong Scholarship Program, so dinha nila makit-an ang mga pinaka-recent nga updates, pati ang results sa ilahang application,” he said.
Those who will qualify will be granted a P7,500 per semester stipend for four academic years.
Interested applicants may e-mail the following information on or before July 30, 2020, to firstname.lastname@example.org: complete name, date of birth, sex, complete address, school enrolled, course, year level during the school year 2019-2020, father’s name ad occupation, mother’s maiden name, and occupation, contact number, and email address.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?