A project under the Philippine Sports Institute’s (PSI) Sports Education and Training Program, the NSCCC was piloted in Tagum City in 2018 and in Legazpi City and Davao City last year.
Visayas will have the first go at the online coaches’ certification, with all slots already full at 1,090 registrants.
“The present situation in the country should not deter us from continuing our programs and services to the sports community, specifically in enhancing the competencies of our coaches in the schools and the LGUs,” said PSC oversight commissioner for Visayas Ramon Fernandez.
Sports coaches of elementary and high school student teams in Visayas will be the initial batch of online learners for the course’s Level 1 modules on Sports Philosophy, Sports Pedagogy, Sports Psychology, Sports Physiology, Talent Identification, and Sports Ethics.
Lecturers will be PSC-PSI sports education dean Prof. Henry Daut, PSC-PSI sports psychology head Dr. Karen Katrina Trinidad, PSC-PSI sports physiology head Prof. Josephine Joy Reyes, PSC-PSI sports specialist Prof. Luis Serafin Cosep, and Fr. Fonz Suico, CSSR. A blend of synchronous and asynchronous learning methods will be applied through the use of Google Meet and Google Classroom tools.
Passers of the Level 1 pilot staging in Legazpi and Davao are also expected to continue with Level 2 online, while a separate course curriculum for coaches of sports for the differently-abled is being planned for launch this November.
“More coaches from other regions nationwide will have the opportunity to avail of Level 1 modules later this year,” said PSI Sports Education Head Henry Daut.
Luzon will have their sessions for Region 1 and CAR from August 10 to 13, while Mindanao will have theirs for Region 10 from August 17 to 20.
The three-level course program, in partnership with MILO Philippines, aims to prepare coaches to meet the demands of their responsibility and ensure a vibrant sporting experience for athletes through the enhancement of their competencies and skills. Among its objectives is the establishment of a national standard for sports coaching in the country. (pr)
- MG Mall Of Asia joins MG Philippines’ Nationwide Dealership Network, and is the first MG Dealership to feature a unique MG “Carffé” Coffee Shop
- EGALITARIAN | Catching up with our neighbors
- CHEMICAL SPILL | Public warned vs. water activities at Davao River until declared safe
- Kadayawan 3D light show at City Hall starts on Aug. 5
- Ex-DA chief Piñol calls for NFA revival to promote PH banana
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Family album
- ROUGH CUTS | Our hat off the CHO
- SEC cancels Flying Bear’s lending license, registration
- City readies aid to quake victims
- LGU, DOH link to enhance campaign on family planning