fbpx Press "Enter" to skip to content

10 Davao police officers now clear of COVID-19

THE 10 personnel of the Davao City Police Office are now cleared from COVID-19 after earlier testing positive.

Nine out of 10 PNP personnel were flagged during the random tests after the first COVID case of a member of the Special Weapons And Tactic assigned to the Barangay 23-C, who was tested positive last July 14.

Brig. Gen. Filmore Escobal, regional police director, announced that the 10 personnel who were quarantined after their tests on July 14 and 19 are now clear.

However, he said they are still waiting for the results of the swab tests of the 238 personnel of the DCPO and other offices inside the Camp Leonor Domingo headquarters on July 22.

“As police officers, we could not avoid exposure to the community and those who are sick,” he said. “That is why we need to maintain a healthy and strong body.”

Escobal said that he’s glad that 10 police officers are now cleared from COVID-19. He also urged the other police officers to be careful when fulfilling their duties and responsibilities in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic.

He said the DCPO compound is still on lockdown until every police officers and staff are cleared by health officials. 

The DCPO was previously placed on lockdown after one member o the SWAT tested positive for COVID-19. 

DCPO chief Col. Kirby John Kraft told TIMES the SWAT member complained that he was not feeling well, which was why he was subjected to swab tests.

On July 11,  he was admitted to the Brokenshire hospital due to high fever and low count or platelet but was referred to SPMC. 

As a precautionary measure, all personnel of offices inside the DCPO, including the National Intelligence Coordinating Agency and Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI, were also swabbed.

Share this post:
error
Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Visit Us
Instagram
RSS