A ONE-STORY building owned by a former city councilor was gutted by fire along Purok 23, Barangay Sto. Nino,Tugbok District at 10:12 p.m. on Saturday.
Senior Fire Officer 4 Ramil Gillado, the spokesperson of the Bureau of Fire and Protection XI, identified the owner as Wilberto Al-ag.
“There were four occupants in that one-story building,” Gillado said. “The fire started from the grocery store then spread out to the adjacent furniture shop, vulcanizing shop, and laundry shop.”
He said that the grocery and furniture shop was totally razed, while the vulcanizing and laundry shop were partially damaged.
The total damage was estimated to reach P500,000. Fortunately, there were no casualties reported in the incident.
The Mintal Fire Station was tasked to investigate the cause of the fire.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?