A ONE-STORY building owned by a former city councilor was gutted by fire along Purok 23, Barangay Sto. Nino,Tugbok District at 10:12 p.m. on Saturday.
Senior Fire Officer 4 Ramil Gillado, the spokesperson of the Bureau of Fire and Protection XI, identified the owner as Wilberto Al-ag.
“There were four occupants in that one-story building,” Gillado said. “The fire started from the grocery store then spread out to the adjacent furniture shop, vulcanizing shop, and laundry shop.”
He said that the grocery and furniture shop was totally razed, while the vulcanizing and laundry shop were partially damaged.
The total damage was estimated to reach P500,000. Fortunately, there were no casualties reported in the incident.
The Mintal Fire Station was tasked to investigate the cause of the fire.
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year