A ONE-STORY building owned by a former city councilor was gutted by fire along Purok 23, Barangay Sto. Nino,Tugbok District at 10:12 p.m. on Saturday.
Senior Fire Officer 4 Ramil Gillado, the spokesperson of the Bureau of Fire and Protection XI, identified the owner as Wilberto Al-ag.
“There were four occupants in that one-story building,” Gillado said. “The fire started from the grocery store then spread out to the adjacent furniture shop, vulcanizing shop, and laundry shop.”
He said that the grocery and furniture shop was totally razed, while the vulcanizing and laundry shop were partially damaged.
The total damage was estimated to reach P500,000. Fortunately, there were no casualties reported in the incident.
The Mintal Fire Station was tasked to investigate the cause of the fire.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1