A ONE-STORY building owned by a former city councilor was gutted by fire along Purok 23, Barangay Sto. Nino,Tugbok District at 10:12 p.m. on Saturday.
Senior Fire Officer 4 Ramil Gillado, the spokesperson of the Bureau of Fire and Protection XI, identified the owner as Wilberto Al-ag.
“There were four occupants in that one-story building,” Gillado said. “The fire started from the grocery store then spread out to the adjacent furniture shop, vulcanizing shop, and laundry shop.”
He said that the grocery and furniture shop was totally razed, while the vulcanizing and laundry shop were partially damaged.
The total damage was estimated to reach P500,000. Fortunately, there were no casualties reported in the incident.
The Mintal Fire Station was tasked to investigate the cause of the fire.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized