PHILIPPINE Sports Commission Chairman William Ramirez announced Wednesday noon that changes in the agency’s organizational setup were approved in an executive meeting held that same morning, a revamp which the board felt was needed in light of an employee’s fraudulent actions discovered last week.
According to the sports chief, “It was a collective decision of the board as part of a plan to re-stabilize the organization.”
Part of the said revamp is the appointment of Atty. Guillermo Iroy, Jr. as acting executive director, Merlita Ibay who resumes her position as deputy executive director for finance and administrative services, her original appointment before being tapped to take on the acting ED role. Queenie Evangelista will head the Bureau of coordinating secretariat and support services as its acting deputy executive director.
Not one to wince in the face of challenge, Ramirez acknowledged the lapses in the agency and vowed to ensure that necessary investigation, correction, and sanction are done.
“As the highest accountable official of the agency, I take responsibility to effect changes, to make sure that there are no gaps in the organization. I feel sad, frustrated, and hurt but we all have to have composure,” shared Ramirez, adding that he hopes all stakeholders and partners “are at peace with these decisions and continue to support us through this.”
So far, the National Bureau of Investigation, Department of Justice, and the Office of the Solicitor General have been asked to assist with the investigation and case.
Other leadership changes within the agency are set to be undertaken within the week. (PR)
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1