PHILIPPINE Sports Commission Chairman William Ramirez announced Wednesday noon that changes in the agency’s organizational setup were approved in an executive meeting held that same morning, a revamp which the board felt was needed in light of an employee’s fraudulent actions discovered last week.
According to the sports chief, “It was a collective decision of the board as part of a plan to re-stabilize the organization.”
Part of the said revamp is the appointment of Atty. Guillermo Iroy, Jr. as acting executive director, Merlita Ibay who resumes her position as deputy executive director for finance and administrative services, her original appointment before being tapped to take on the acting ED role. Queenie Evangelista will head the Bureau of coordinating secretariat and support services as its acting deputy executive director.
Not one to wince in the face of challenge, Ramirez acknowledged the lapses in the agency and vowed to ensure that necessary investigation, correction, and sanction are done.
“As the highest accountable official of the agency, I take responsibility to effect changes, to make sure that there are no gaps in the organization. I feel sad, frustrated, and hurt but we all have to have composure,” shared Ramirez, adding that he hopes all stakeholders and partners “are at peace with these decisions and continue to support us through this.”
So far, the National Bureau of Investigation, Department of Justice, and the Office of the Solicitor General have been asked to assist with the investigation and case.
Other leadership changes within the agency are set to be undertaken within the week. (PR)
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized