THE PHILIPPINES Sports Commission (PSC) gives its all-out support to the government’s program against COVID-19 by donating more than 500 laptops to the workforce of different government offices including the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF).
The Office of the President-Presidential Management Staff (PMS) through Assistant Secretary Joseph Encabo will receive 300 laptops and another 100 for the COVID-19 technical working group through IATF deputy chief implementer Vince Dizon.
Senator Christopher Lawrence Go’s Balik Probinsya, Bagong Pag-Asa Program (BP2) is also set to receive a number of units for their program.
Marc Velasco, PSC chief of staff and national training director, said that the “board readily approved the request.”
“These are units used during the country’s hosting of the Southeast Asian Games last year, they will be put to good use with these donations,” Velasco explained.
In a letter addressed to PSC Chairman Ramirez, Encabo, who also heads the Hatid-Tulong Initiative, also asked for the assistance of the agency by requesting volunteers to be detailed for two weeks under PMS, to help in processing the return of stranded individuals.
“This will help fast track our actions on the concerns of the LSIs (Locally-Stranded Individuals),” explained Encabo in his letter.
The Rizal Memorial Sports Complex (RMSC) will also serve as a venue for transportation services of the program on July 25-26. PR
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market