AN ALLEGED drug courier was caught at the Task Force Sirawan checkpoint at 12:40 p.m. on July 2.
The suspect was identified as certain Eugenio Ramos, 21, married, and a resident of Sta. Marina, Barangay Binugao, Toril District.
Intercepted from his possession were five suspected marijuana weighing more or less 16 grams and an estimated street value of P3,200. They also recovered two improvised tube pipes.
The suspect was on board a black XRM 125 motorcycle with plate number 1101-383532. He was traveling from Barangay Binugao going to Toril District when he was apprehended at the motorcycle inspection area.
According to the Task Force Davao data, the apprehended illegal drugs at different checkpoints already reached P7,713,436 since January this year. The figure was three times more compared to 2018 and 22% higher than the entire 2019.
“I congratulate our troops for a job well done. We will not lower our guards against those who will bring illegal drugs inside the city,” Col. Consolito Yecla, the Task Force Davao commander, said. “We shall remain focused in our support to the city’s anti-illegal drug effort amidst the COVID pandemic.”
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission