AN ALLEGED drug courier was caught at the Task Force Sirawan checkpoint at 12:40 p.m. on July 2.
The suspect was identified as certain Eugenio Ramos, 21, married, and a resident of Sta. Marina, Barangay Binugao, Toril District.
Intercepted from his possession were five suspected marijuana weighing more or less 16 grams and an estimated street value of P3,200. They also recovered two improvised tube pipes.
The suspect was on board a black XRM 125 motorcycle with plate number 1101-383532. He was traveling from Barangay Binugao going to Toril District when he was apprehended at the motorcycle inspection area.
According to the Task Force Davao data, the apprehended illegal drugs at different checkpoints already reached P7,713,436 since January this year. The figure was three times more compared to 2018 and 22% higher than the entire 2019.
“I congratulate our troops for a job well done. We will not lower our guards against those who will bring illegal drugs inside the city,” Col. Consolito Yecla, the Task Force Davao commander, said. “We shall remain focused in our support to the city’s anti-illegal drug effort amidst the COVID pandemic.”
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1