AN ADMINISTRATIVE aide of Padada municipality in Davao del Sur was arrested in a buy-bust operation in Purok 2, Padada-Kiblawan road, Barangay Tulogan at 5:25 p.m. on Tuesday.
He was identified as Allen Ray Guitguit Cabiad, 32, married, an Admin Aide II Padada LGU and a resident of Purok 5, Harada Butai, Padada.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, the spokesperson of Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI, said that the suspect sold a medium-size shabu worth P8,000 to an operative.
Also recovered from the suspect were four small sachets of suspected shabu weighing over one gram with an estimated street value of P16,000, buy-bust money, and one unit of .45 caliber pistol with live ammunition.
Cabiad was also the number 4 in the provincial target list drug personality in Davao del Sur. He is now detained in the Padada Municipal Police Station.
Meanwhile, a case for violation of Section 5 (Sale of Dangerous Drugs) and Section 11 (Possession of Dangerous Drugs) Article II of Republic Act 9165 or The Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 and RA 10591 (Illegal Possession of Firearms) is being prepared against him.
If Cabiad is found guilty, he will also face absolute perpetual disqualification from any public office as stated in Article II, Section 28 (Criminal Liability of Government Officials and Employees) of Republic Act 9165.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized