AN ADMINISTRATIVE aide of Padada municipality in Davao del Sur was arrested in a buy-bust operation in Purok 2, Padada-Kiblawan road, Barangay Tulogan at 5:25 p.m. on Tuesday.
He was identified as Allen Ray Guitguit Cabiad, 32, married, an Admin Aide II Padada LGU and a resident of Purok 5, Harada Butai, Padada.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, the spokesperson of Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI, said that the suspect sold a medium-size shabu worth P8,000 to an operative.
Also recovered from the suspect were four small sachets of suspected shabu weighing over one gram with an estimated street value of P16,000, buy-bust money, and one unit of .45 caliber pistol with live ammunition.
Cabiad was also the number 4 in the provincial target list drug personality in Davao del Sur. He is now detained in the Padada Municipal Police Station.
Meanwhile, a case for violation of Section 5 (Sale of Dangerous Drugs) and Section 11 (Possession of Dangerous Drugs) Article II of Republic Act 9165 or The Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 and RA 10591 (Illegal Possession of Firearms) is being prepared against him.
If Cabiad is found guilty, he will also face absolute perpetual disqualification from any public office as stated in Article II, Section 28 (Criminal Liability of Government Officials and Employees) of Republic Act 9165.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission