fbpx Press "Enter" to skip to content

Eight test positive after mass swabbing at DCPO

THE SWAB tests conducted at the Davao City Police Office yielded eight confirmed cases. 

Mayor Sara Duterte said in her city-operated radio program yesterday that the eight are composed of enlisted four police personnel, a police auxiliary, an intelligence agent, and a detainee. 

“One (of them) was the first who tested positive,” she said. 

Davao City Police Office director, Col. Kirby John Kraft, said they have yet to receive the official results from the Department of Health. 

Last week, 133 police officers were tested as the Davao City Police Office headquarters was placed on lockdown after one Special Weapon and Tactics operative was confirmed to be positive for COVID-19. 

Kraft said the SWAT operative is a member of the motorcycle quick response team, which has been tasked to patrol around Barangay 23-C as part of the hard lockdown enforced on the community.

Kraft said on July 9, the patient complained that he was not feeling well. He was immediately subjected to rapid diagnostic testing but the result was negative. On July 11,  he was admitted to the Brokenshire hospital due to high fever and low count of platelets but was referred to the SPMC after learning that he was rendering duty in a high-risk area. 

On the same day at 5:30 p.m., he underwent a swab test in the SPMC and the results came back at 6:30 a.m. on July 14 confirming that he was COVID-19 positive.

“We locked down the SWAT-Explosive Ordnance Division (EOD) and City Mobile Force Company (CMFC) compound, from where the COVID-19 positive patient is assigned, “he added. 

As a precautionary measure, the swab testing was conducted on all personnel inside the camp, including the National Intelligence Coordinating Agency and Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency.

“Davaoeños need not worry because these will not affect the deployment of DCPO personnel manning the streets, ” Kraft said.  “Personnel from different police stations will continue to serve and protect Davao city.”

Brig. Gen. Filmore Escobal, told TIMES that another team will take over the job of the SWAT team.

“Those not exposed can continue their duties,” Escobal said. “City director DCPO (Col Kirby John Kraft) is on top of the situation.”

Escobal said the Regional Mobile Force Battalion troops were sent to augment the DCPO upon request of Kraft.

Share this post:
error20
fb-share-icon20
Tweet 20
fb-share-icon20

Powered By ICTC/DRS
WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
error

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)

Facebook20
Instagram20