A MAN is facing a charge after he was caught allegedly selling illegal petroleum products in an operation conducted by the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG)- Davao City Field Unit on Thursday.
The suspect was identified as Adonis Padillo, who was arrested by the CIDG and the Bunawan Police Station along the national highway in Sitio Tambungon, Barangay Alejandra Navarro at 11:30 p.m. on Thursday.
Confiscated from him were the P500 marked money, nine drums filled with diesel fuel at 200 liters per drum, 12 plastic containers at 25 liters each, an improvised funnel, and a plastic hose.
Maj. Milgrace Driz, the CIDG-DCFU chief, said the Department of Energy has called their attention on the proliferation of illegal selling of petroleum products without the authority from regulatory agencies.
The suspect was brought to the CIDG office for processing and later endorsed to the Bunawan police for detention.
In another operation, the joint team of CIDG and Bunawan police personnel recovered a total of 9,000 liters of diesel fuel in an operation conducted in Purok Fatima, Barangay Alejandra Navarro (Lasang) at 2 a.m. on Friday.
However, the suspects were able to elude arrest.
They impounded the tanker with plate number 1230-095643 containing 6,000 liters of diesel fuel, as well as another tanker bearing plate number 0901-068016 containing 3,000 liters of diesel fuel.
She said they are trying to determine the owners of the truck and identify the perpetrators in preparation for the filing of a case for violation of P.D. 1865 amending B.P. 33.
“These simultaneous operations were our actions taken conducted based on the information and complaints lodged before our office regarding the illegal selling of petroleum products within Davao City and neighboring provinces,” Driz said.
On Friday, law enforcers already filed a case for violation of P.D. 1865, or “An act Prohibiting the Illegal Trading of Petroleum and/or Petroleum Products,” against Padillo.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1