ANOTHER five Lumad members, including a two-month-old infant, were rescued by the Police Regional Office XI after they reportedly escaped from the UCCP-Haran compound along Fr. Selga Street around 4 p.m. on Wednesday.
Brig. Gen. Filmore Escobal, regional police director, told TIMES that the rescue operation took place after alias Jo and alias Alan, both from Talaingod, Davao del Norte, sought assistance from one of the officers to rescue their relatives in the compound.
The operation rescued alias Roxan, 24, from Talaingod, who was brought by her aunt to Haran seven months ago, and alias Cielo, 16, from Talaingod, a friend of Roxan who accompanied her in going to Haran
Also rescued was alias Rangrang, 15, from Talaingod, who stayed in Haran for almost a year and gave birth to the infant inside the premises, and alias Nielo, 9, who was brought by his uncle to Haran.
The five were brought to the PNP Regional Health Service XI for a medical examination, not only to make sure they are healthy but also free from COVID-19.
“The PRO 11 pledges to continue its initiative in helping the people out of Haran and return to their respective dwelling places where the government has prepared means and ways to help them have a better life,” he said.
Escobal also said that based on their interviews with those who were rescued from the compound, life inside was very difficult. “The PRO is aiming to put an end to this through the release of all the IPs detained in the said compound,” he added.
“I encourage the relatives of IPs in Haran to coordinate with us anytime. The PRO XI line is always open and we are willing to give assistance should the IPs inside Haran wished to be rescued and freed,” he further said.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos