The country’s fast rising riders Rhowell Matias “Bornok” D. Mangosong IV and Princess Angelyca “Bea” D. Calamongay were named motocross outstanding athletes in this year’s edition of the So Kim Cheng Sports Awards on July 22.
Both were recognized and deliberated by the Davao City Sports Council Incorporated and the So Kim Cheng Sports Foundation Incorporated after DCSCI member and Moto-X Davao’s Norben “Bok” Mata submitted their credentials and achievements, making them stand high on the winner’s podium among other local riders.
Mangosong IV is this year’s motocross male outstanding athlete after winning most in the pro/open and expert level. He was also named 2019 NAMSSA Rider of the Year rank no.1 on Philippine MX, ranked no. 4 in Asia during the 2019 FIM-Asia Supercross Championship and named the 2019 MMF Philippine National Supercross Series Ernie Liongson Rider of the Year awardee.
Among his victories in the pro/open and expert level were the Mayor HJ Abraham IBBA Invitational Motocross, the 9th Cong. JB Bernos National Motocross, 13th Bangsi Festival Province of Sarangani National Invitational Motocross, the first Mayor Sammy Co 2020 Invitational, the 2019 NAMSSA Philippine National Supercross Championship MX2, the Antipas Invitational Motocross Open and the 2019 MMF Philippine National Supercross Series.
Calamonga shares this year’s award as the motocross female outstanding athlete after impressive wins at the podium in the first Tatay Erning Motocross, Mindanao-wide Motocross Series, Araw ng Maulog Invitational, Kapagayan Festival Invitational Motocross, 2019 Kadayawan Moto-X Championships, Araw ng Lunga-og Motocross, T’nalak Festival Invitational and the Araw ng Compostella Supercross.
“The Moto-X family is proud of them and their achievements as local riders. They are the country’s fast rising motocross riders and proud Dabawenyos,” Mata said.
Completing the list for motocross in this year’s SKC awards and will be receiving a citation is Moto-X Davao coach Jerome “Jojo” Lagrada.
This year’s So Kim Cheng Sports Awards presented by the So Kim Cheng Sports Foundation Incorporated and the Davao City Sports Council Incorporated will be aired via Zoom. Members and officers of the Davao City Sports Council and So Kim Cheng Sports Foundation will hand on the awards along with their respective National Sports Association (NSA) member-representatives.
- MG Mall Of Asia joins MG Philippines’ Nationwide Dealership Network, and is the first MG Dealership to feature a unique MG “Carffé” Coffee Shop
- EGALITARIAN | Catching up with our neighbors
- CHEMICAL SPILL | Public warned vs. water activities at Davao River until declared safe
- Kadayawan 3D light show at City Hall starts on Aug. 5
- Ex-DA chief Piñol calls for NFA revival to promote PH banana
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Family album
- ROUGH CUTS | Our hat off the CHO
- SEC cancels Flying Bear’s lending license, registration
- City readies aid to quake victims
- LGU, DOH link to enhance campaign on family planning