The Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) announced on Wednesday that 200 out of 200 of its employees, workforce, including some national athletes and coaches, who got swab-tested in the past week all tested negative from COVID-19.
“We are thankful to the Lord that the PSC community is free from COVID-19. We hope and pray it stays that way,” said PSC Overall-in-Charge Ramon Fernandez who also underwent Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) test or swab testing.
The PSC conducted RT-PCR tests for PSC staff, along with some members of the national team on 112 persons at the Rizal Memorial Sports Complex (RMSC) in Manila and 88 at the PhilSports Complex in Pasig City. The test was conducted in three batches.
“We are proud to say that both PSC complexes, which is under a high-risk area since we have venues housing COVID-19 patients, can be declared COVID-19 free. We conducted the test to give the confidence back to the regular workforce, occupants, athletes, and coaches who frequently go to PhilSports and RMSC.” said Dr. Randolph Molo, Head of PSC Medical Scientific Athletes Services (PSC-MSAS) Unit.
“We opted for the RT-PCR/swab test over any form of rapid testing since this test is more reliable and reflective on one’s COVID-19 status. As of Wednesday, July 8, we can declare that all of the 200 persons who underwent testing are all clear/negative from the Coronavirus. This should help restore the confidence and ease the fears of our staff as we continue to keep PSC COVID-19 free.” added Dr. Molo.
After RT-PCR testing, the PSC has also put in place additional security measures by requiring all staff working on-site to submit a Health Declaration Form which was made accessible by QR code or the PSC website. This is screened by the MSAS unit which will grant them a gate pass via SMS once they get cleared. The sports agency hopes this practice will help them keep PSC premises COVID-19 free.
The PSC is also strictly implementing health security protocols advised by the Department of Health and the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) in all of its facilities. PR
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market