FOOD ASSISTANCE poured in for Barangay 23-C with farmers donating fresh produce to boost the immune system of the residents as the area entered the third day of hard lockdown since Saturday.
The City Agriculturist’s Office and the City Veterinarian’s Office joined efforts with the City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO) by delivering assorted vegetables gathered from the farmers.
City agriculturist Leo Brian Leuterio said his office collected 480 kilos of assorted vegetables from farmers who donated to the residents of Barangay 23-C.
“The vegetables were donated by kind-hearted farmers of Marilog and the Davao Food Terminal Complex as food aid to the residents of Barangay 23-C,” he said.
Leuterio said his office is also waiting for about 200 kilos of assorted vegetables from other farmer organizations in the city to be delivered anytime soon.
Dr. Cerelyn Pinili, the chief city veterinarian, said her office also distributed 2,000 pieces of dressed chicken to the area as initial assistance. She said that milk and another round of dressed chickens will be delivered next week.
The Davao City Social Welfare and Development Office has already delivered 6,266 grocery packs to targetted beneficiaries in Barangay 23-C.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead