FOOD ASSISTANCE poured in for Barangay 23-C with farmers donating fresh produce to boost the immune system of the residents as the area entered the third day of hard lockdown since Saturday.
The City Agriculturist’s Office and the City Veterinarian’s Office joined efforts with the City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO) by delivering assorted vegetables gathered from the farmers.
City agriculturist Leo Brian Leuterio said his office collected 480 kilos of assorted vegetables from farmers who donated to the residents of Barangay 23-C.
“The vegetables were donated by kind-hearted farmers of Marilog and the Davao Food Terminal Complex as food aid to the residents of Barangay 23-C,” he said.
Leuterio said his office is also waiting for about 200 kilos of assorted vegetables from other farmer organizations in the city to be delivered anytime soon.
Dr. Cerelyn Pinili, the chief city veterinarian, said her office also distributed 2,000 pieces of dressed chicken to the area as initial assistance. She said that milk and another round of dressed chickens will be delivered next week.
The Davao City Social Welfare and Development Office has already delivered 6,266 grocery packs to targetted beneficiaries in Barangay 23-C.
- Man yields shabu at checkpoint
- Man nabbed for shabu
- ROUGH CUTS | Making success an election issue
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 2, 2021
- Concepcion receives lifetime achievement award
- NCCC reopens Lupon branch
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 1, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Laviña | Go’s withdrawal from race a `brave move’
- 150K vaccinees in 3 days eyed