A BARANGAY councilor was arrested in a buy-bust operation conducted at Purok 3, Barangay Maraga-a, Kiblawan, Davao del Sur on Monday.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, the spokesperson of Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI, identified him as Roy Romaguera, 33, married, a resident of the same barangay.
He said Romaguera sold a large sachet of suspected shabu worth P10,000 to an operative who acted as the buyer. Two more sachets of drugs were taken from his possession.
Dimaandal said they received a tip on the official’s illegal activities through the hotline number of the PDEA Davao del Sur provincial office. They immediately conducted surveillance for about a month after validating the information.
The buy-bust was conducted by joint elements of the PDEA XI, Provincial Drug Enforcement Unit and Provincial Intelligence Branch of Davao del Sur Police Provincial Office, and Kiblawan Municipal Police Station.
Romaguera will be charged for violation of Sec. 5 (Sale of Dangerous Drugs) and Sec. 11 (Possession of Dangerous Drugs), Art. II of Republic Act 9165 or The Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
“If Kagawad Romaguera is found guilty of such act, the maximum penalty shall be imposed, in addition to absolute perpetual disqualification from any public office as stated in Article II, Section 28 (Criminal Liability of Government Officials and Employees) of Republic Act 9165,” Dimaandal said.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead