A BARANGAY councilor was arrested in a buy-bust operation conducted at Purok 3, Barangay Maraga-a, Kiblawan, Davao del Sur on Monday.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, the spokesperson of Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI, identified him as Roy Romaguera, 33, married, a resident of the same barangay.
He said Romaguera sold a large sachet of suspected shabu worth P10,000 to an operative who acted as the buyer. Two more sachets of drugs were taken from his possession.
Dimaandal said they received a tip on the official’s illegal activities through the hotline number of the PDEA Davao del Sur provincial office. They immediately conducted surveillance for about a month after validating the information.
The buy-bust was conducted by joint elements of the PDEA XI, Provincial Drug Enforcement Unit and Provincial Intelligence Branch of Davao del Sur Police Provincial Office, and Kiblawan Municipal Police Station.
Romaguera will be charged for violation of Sec. 5 (Sale of Dangerous Drugs) and Sec. 11 (Possession of Dangerous Drugs), Art. II of Republic Act 9165 or The Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
“If Kagawad Romaguera is found guilty of such act, the maximum penalty shall be imposed, in addition to absolute perpetual disqualification from any public office as stated in Article II, Section 28 (Criminal Liability of Government Officials and Employees) of Republic Act 9165,” Dimaandal said.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market