THE BUREAU of Customs – Port of Davao collected about 10% higher than its target collection for June when it collected about P1.963 billion.
In a press statement, the agency said the collection for its port and sub-ports was higher than the P1.784 billion target.
Aside from the port in the city, under the BOC-Port of Davao are the sub-ports in the cities of General Santos and Mati and the Pollok Port in Parang, Maguindanao.
In a statement, District Collector Erastus Sandino Austria attributed the better performance for the month to the help of the employees and other stakeholders even if the country is grapping with the impact of the COVID-19.
“We take great pride that the Port was able to surpass its June 2020 target through the esteemed efforts to public service from our customs officers and our stakeholders continuing to provide unhampered movement goods in Davao Region amidst COVID-19.” Austria said.
The port also exceeded its target in May when it collected about P2.216 billion.
It added that the better performances were a “result of its strict implementation of proper valuation of goods, collection of lawful duties and taxes and revenue collection from public auctions of abandoned shipments.”
It added that it will “continue to eye these implementations for the remaining months of the year 2020 as it bids to hit its annual target.”
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized