MAYOR SARA Duterte has cautioned Davaoeños about going to an area identified as COVID-19 hotspot and “very high risk.”
The number of coronavirus cases in Barangay 23-C has been increasing based on the latest test conducted by the city government.
She described the situation as “severe.”
“We just conducted an RT-PCR (reversed transcription-polymerase chain reaction) testing in the area and there were a lot of residents who turned out to be positive,” she said.
The city government is set to implement an intervention in Barangay 23-C to stop the spread of the virus further. In all probability, Barangay 23-C can be placed under an Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) if the health experts see no improvements in the coming days.
She has advised people to avoid the area even for work or essential travels.
“Sa pagkakaron, we can say na it is within the very high risk na areas sa atoang risk assessment map and we advise everyone to avoid going to that area for whatever reason, trabaho man o dili, or pag adto sa mga establishments nga nalangkob niining area. Dili sa nato na buhaton sa pagka-karon because very critical ang area (For now, we can say that it is within the very high-risk areas based on our risk assessment map and we advise everyone to avoid going to that area for whatever reason, be it for work or not or going to establishments that are within this area. Let us refrain from doing so for now because the area is very critical),” she added.
According to the COVID-19 risk assessment map published on June 25, areas that are classified as very high risk are Barangay 23-C, Agdao Proper, Bucana, Buhangin Proper, Cabantian, Leon Garcia, Ma-a and Matina Crossing. The identified high-risk areas are Barangay 5-A, 19-B, 22-C, Talomo Proper, and Wilfredo Aquino.
Meanwhile, As of 5 p.m. on Friday, the Department of Health’s Davao Center for Health Development reported 14 new cases of COVID-19 in the region, bringing the total number of cases to 587. Of these cases, eight are from Davao City and six are from Davao Oriental. Seven recoveries are also reported, six of whom are from Davao City and one from Davao del Sur.
Among the 587 cases, 33 have died, 378 have successfully recovered, while 176 are still active cases.
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year