Today is Sunday, the 5 th of July 2020. It is the 14 th Sunday in Ordinary Time of the Catholic Church liturgical calendar.
The Psalm for the day is, “I will praise your name for ever, my king and my God.”
The 1 st Reading of the day is from Zec 9:9-10. It says:
Thus says the Lord: “Rejoice heartily, O daughter Zion, shout for joy. O daughter Jerusalem! See, your king shall come to you, a just savior is he, meek and riding on an ass, on a colt, the foal of an ass.
He shall banish the chariot from Ephraim, and the horse from Jerusalem; the warrior’s bow shall be banished, and he shall proclaim peace to the nation. His dominion shall be from sea to sea, and from the River to the ends of the earth.
This Sunday’s 2 nd Reading is from Rom 8:9, 11-13.
Brothers and sisters, You are not in the flesh; on the contrary, you are in the spirit, if only the Spirit of God dwells in you. Whoever does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him. If the Spirit of the one who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, the one who raised Christ from the dead will give life to your mortal bodies also, through his Spirit that dwells in you. Consequently, brothers, we are not debtors to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh, you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
Today’s Gospel is from Mt 11:25-30. It is about the Praise of the Father.
At that time Jesus exclaimed: “I give praise to you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise and the learned you have revealed them to little ones. Yes, Father, such has been your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son wishes to reveal him.
Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy; and my burden is light.”
NB: Our profound thanks to the St. Paul’s Publication, publisher of the book 365 Days with the Lord,
a Liturgical Biblical Diary, from where we source the Words of God that we share with our fellow faithful
every Sunday throughout the year.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success