Two individuals were arrested for allegedly selling shabu worth P180,000 to the operatives in East Avenue Street, Holy Trinity Village, Barangay Cabantian, Buhangin District at 1:05 a.m. on Saturday.
They were identified as Jerry Lucero and Eric John Baguinat, who reportedly sold a large sachet of shabu weighing more or less five grams, with an estimated street value of P75,000, to the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency operative.
PDEA XI spokesperson Nephi Noli Dimaandal said they found three other sachets of suspected shabu in different sizes weighing more or less seven grams (street value of P105,000), drug paraphernalia, and the buy-bust money from the suspects.
The buy-bust was conducted by joint elements of the Davao City Police Office’s Regional Intelligence and Investigation Section and Seaport Interdiction Unit of the PDEA XI, together with the National Bureau of Investigation Regional XI.
The suspects are now detained in the PDEA XI detention facility. The seized suspected illegal drugs were submitted to laboratory service for tests.
Meanwhile, a case for violation of Sec. 26 in relation to Sec. 5 (Attempt or Conspiracy), Sec. 11 (Possession of Dangerous Drugs), and Sec. 12 (Possession of Drug Paraphernalia), Article II of Republic Act 9165 ( Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002) is being prepared to file against them.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JULY 22, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FASTLANES | Umang – the hermit crab
- BECOMING A DABAWENYO | Concerns about bicycle lanes
- FROM THE MAIL | Curbing Insurgency, a Duterte Legacy
- ROUGH CUTS | Signs of running scared?
- HIGH-VALUE TARGET | CTTMO worker caught in anti-drug entrapment
- 54-71-KM Davao bike lane network virtually launched
- Service disruptions on July 24 in different areas of Davao City
- RP bets in Olympic Village