Two individuals were arrested for allegedly selling shabu worth P180,000 to the operatives in East Avenue Street, Holy Trinity Village, Barangay Cabantian, Buhangin District at 1:05 a.m. on Saturday.
They were identified as Jerry Lucero and Eric John Baguinat, who reportedly sold a large sachet of shabu weighing more or less five grams, with an estimated street value of P75,000, to the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency operative.
PDEA XI spokesperson Nephi Noli Dimaandal said they found three other sachets of suspected shabu in different sizes weighing more or less seven grams (street value of P105,000), drug paraphernalia, and the buy-bust money from the suspects.
The buy-bust was conducted by joint elements of the Davao City Police Office’s Regional Intelligence and Investigation Section and Seaport Interdiction Unit of the PDEA XI, together with the National Bureau of Investigation Regional XI.
The suspects are now detained in the PDEA XI detention facility. The seized suspected illegal drugs were submitted to laboratory service for tests.
Meanwhile, a case for violation of Sec. 26 in relation to Sec. 5 (Attempt or Conspiracy), Sec. 11 (Possession of Dangerous Drugs), and Sec. 12 (Possession of Drug Paraphernalia), Article II of Republic Act 9165 ( Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002) is being prepared to file against them.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls