Mayor Sara Duterte has urged business establishments and other offices to exercise self-regulation as part of their contribution in curbing the spread of the coronavirus disease 2019.
Duterte made the call as the city started the implementation of the modified enhanced community quarantine which was expected to result in the increase of businesses that would resume operations.
The mayor reminded business establishment owners to ensure that they and their employees would practice the protocols like wearing of face masks, social distancing, regular handwashing, and disinfection of their.
“So ang atoang ginatarget diri karon, tungod sa kadako sa Davao City and we are trying to practice, na kinahanglan ta magpractice with the new normal so mao ni siya ang correct time—ang MGCQ, magpractice tang tanan,” she said over the Davao City Disaster Radio on Wednesday.
She said the city government cannot monitor the operations of the all the establishments in the city, so the role of the business owners is to ensure that these protocols are followed.
She warned that establishments that would be remiss in the implementation of the protocols, particularly the minimum health standards, would face consequences.
“We are also trying to make the offices and the establishments understand nga kung dunay magkasakit dinha sa mga inyohang employees, and inyohang clients and customers, masirado gyud na ang imhoang office and establishment because of quarantine and disinfection,” she added.
The city government, based on the order of the National Inter-Agency Task Force, started implementing the MGCQ starting July 1 and would run until July 15 unless extended.
Under the guidelines, businesses, including those in leisure and entertainment, can resume operations and that those in the entertainment industry like bars must only accommodate about 25% of their capacity.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market