The Tactical Operations Wing- Eastern Mindanao (TOW-EastMin) of the Philippine Air Force is constructing a typhoon shelter hangar for the presidential aircraft to ensure the safety and security of the President.
Philippine Air Force Chief Allen Paredes led the ground-breaking ceremony of the project at the headquarters of the military unit in Sasa.
Also joining Paredes were Col. Jeffrey Vilela, acting wing commander of TOW EastMin and Engr Richard A. Ragasa, district engineer of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH). Part of the event was the ceremonial burying of the time capsule to mark the official start of the construction.
The project, a collaboration between the Departments of Defense and the Public Works and Highways, was under the “Tatag Imprastraktura para sa Kapayapaan at Seguridad” or the TIKAS Convergence Program 2019.
The project ws line with the modernization plan and fulfillment of the command’s initiatives under the PAF Flight Plan 2028.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JULY 22, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FASTLANES | Umang – the hermit crab
- BECOMING A DABAWENYO | Concerns about bicycle lanes
- FROM THE MAIL | Curbing Insurgency, a Duterte Legacy
- ROUGH CUTS | Signs of running scared?
- HIGH-VALUE TARGET | CTTMO worker caught in anti-drug entrapment
- 54-71-KM Davao bike lane network virtually launched
- Service disruptions on July 24 in different areas of Davao City
- RP bets in Olympic Village