The Tactical Operations Wing- Eastern Mindanao (TOW-EastMin) of the Philippine Air Force is constructing a typhoon shelter hangar for the presidential aircraft to ensure the safety and security of the President.
Philippine Air Force Chief Allen Paredes led the ground-breaking ceremony of the project at the headquarters of the military unit in Sasa.
Also joining Paredes were Col. Jeffrey Vilela, acting wing commander of TOW EastMin and Engr Richard A. Ragasa, district engineer of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH). Part of the event was the ceremonial burying of the time capsule to mark the official start of the construction.
The project, a collaboration between the Departments of Defense and the Public Works and Highways, was under the “Tatag Imprastraktura para sa Kapayapaan at Seguridad” or the TIKAS Convergence Program 2019.
The project ws line with the modernization plan and fulfillment of the command’s initiatives under the PAF Flight Plan 2028.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?