Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) Commissioner and newly appointed Officer-In-Charge Ramon Fernandez led the Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19) swab testing, Thursday at PhilSports Complex in Pasig City.
Fernandez was accompanied by his wife Karla Kintanar-Fernandez and is expected to complete the 14-day quarantine while doing his OIC functions until July 17.
“We will comply with the standard procedures to ensure that we are helping in curbing the spread of the virus,” shared PSC OIC Fernandez.
Aside from Fernandez, national boxers from Baguio City including 2021 Tokyo Olympic qualifier Irish Magno and 2019 AIBA Women’s World Champion Nesthy Petecio with ten (10) more boxers, 6 male and 4 female, and 1 coach also went through swab testing.
Athletes residing in Philsports from boxing and fencing, and para-athletes from athletics, wheelchair basketball, sitting volleyball, table tennis, and chess also underwent swab tests.
Said boxers from Baguio City are on a 14-day quarantine and are under observation until the test results are out. They will be provided with food, shelter, and necessary assistance from the PSC staff.
“Hindi muna sila pinalalabas ng assigned rooms nila. Until lumabas swab test results nila, hinahatiran sila food,” shared Philsports Dormitory manager Roselle Destura.
“Kung may ipapabili, ipapawithdraw, at ipapadala sa pamilya, pinapaiwan namin sila ng note sa harap ng room nila and then kami na gagawa for them,” she added.
The PSC will also assist the athletes in securing their travel passes going back to their hometowns once their results turn out clear and flights become available.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months