A couple was arrested in a buy-bust operation conducted at Purok 8, V. Mapa street, Barangay 12-B, Bajada on Tuesday at 5:30 p.m.
Police seized almost P250,000 worth of shabu during the operation.
They were identified as Armand Christopher Macasaet, 35, and his live-in partner Samantha Fritz Atillo Jeanjaquet, 20, unemployed, both residents of Purok 5, Quezon Boulevard, Barangay 37-D.
Lt. Rizalito Clapiz III, the intelligence officer of the San Pedro Police Station, said both suspects were included in the Directorate for Intelligence drugs watchlist as street value targets.
He said the two conspired in selling P1,000 worth of shabu to a police operative who posed as a buyer.
The operation was conducted by San Pedro police, under the supervision of Maj. Jack Tilcag, and elements of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI-Davao City Field Unit.
Seized from Macasaet’s possession were a black pouch containing another eight sachets of suspected shabu with estimated weight of 17.5 grams and estimated street value of P245,000; an improvised glass tooter with suspected shabu residues; one unit .22 revolver without serial number and loaded with four live ammunition; and an iPhone cellular phone.
Also seized from Jeanjaquet were a Samsung cellular phone and P1,000 buy-bust marked money.
Police also seized the MG Morris Garage crossover allegedly used by the suspects in their illegal activities. The arrested suspects and seized evidence are now in the custody of the San Pedro Police Station for proper disposition.
Meanwhile, cases for violation of Sec. 5, 11, and 12 of RA 9165 and RA 10591 are being prepared against the suspects.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1