A couple was arrested in a buy-bust operation conducted at Purok 8, V. Mapa street, Barangay 12-B, Bajada on Tuesday at 5:30 p.m.
Police seized almost P250,000 worth of shabu during the operation.
They were identified as Armand Christopher Macasaet, 35, and his live-in partner Samantha Fritz Atillo Jeanjaquet, 20, unemployed, both residents of Purok 5, Quezon Boulevard, Barangay 37-D.
Lt. Rizalito Clapiz III, the intelligence officer of the San Pedro Police Station, said both suspects were included in the Directorate for Intelligence drugs watchlist as street value targets.
He said the two conspired in selling P1,000 worth of shabu to a police operative who posed as a buyer.
The operation was conducted by San Pedro police, under the supervision of Maj. Jack Tilcag, and elements of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI-Davao City Field Unit.
Seized from Macasaet’s possession were a black pouch containing another eight sachets of suspected shabu with estimated weight of 17.5 grams and estimated street value of P245,000; an improvised glass tooter with suspected shabu residues; one unit .22 revolver without serial number and loaded with four live ammunition; and an iPhone cellular phone.
Also seized from Jeanjaquet were a Samsung cellular phone and P1,000 buy-bust marked money.
Police also seized the MG Morris Garage crossover allegedly used by the suspects in their illegal activities. The arrested suspects and seized evidence are now in the custody of the San Pedro Police Station for proper disposition.
Meanwhile, cases for violation of Sec. 5, 11, and 12 of RA 9165 and RA 10591 are being prepared against the suspects.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead