After months of its print hiatus and surviving online amid the global pandemic, Mindanao Times resumes print operations starting July 2, Thursday.
Mindanao Times halted print operations at the beginning of the pandemic and migrated most of its operations on its digital platforms in the middle of March, when Davao City declared itself under a community quarantine.
The TIMES decided to halt print operations as its contribution to help flatten the curve in the city, as health and government officials manage disease response amid a global race for a cure or vaccine.
Mindanao Times aims to take the lead in ensuring a sustainable business climate in Mindanao. We’re not saying the crisis is over. But we would like to share the cautious optimism of the community as it rises from the haze of the pandemic.
Mindanao Times editor-in-chief Amalia B. Cabusao said the newspaper’s readers have been waiting for hardcopies since March. Cabusao recalls a daily habit of some of its regular readers before the pandemic changed the world.
“There, at one table of the Swiss Deli every morning without fail, are the retirees, businessmen, artists and sometimes an intrepid writer or two, discussing the issues of the day. Newspapers are flipped, dog-eared and even torn, if a news report or column catches their fancy. We thought mornings with Dinky Munda, the titular chief, will just be another memory of Davao but we’re back and we’re optimistic that the table in the corner will come back to life in no time.”
Mindanao Times is still the longest-running community newspaper in Mindanao, having served its readers since 1946.
The digital editions are available on issuu.com, PressReader, mindanaotimes.com.ph, as well as its Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos