More than P700,000 worth of shabu were seized from a taxi passenger while trying to pass through the joint AFP-PNP checkpoint in Barangay Alejandra Navarro (Lasang), Bunawan District on Monday afternoon.
He was identified as Dutamanot Cawine Awal, 28, a resident of Sentro Luayan, Mangudadatu, Maguindanao.
Col. Consolito Yecla, the Task Force Davao commander, said that Awal was riding a taxi from Panabo City when the checkpoint security personnel observed him acting uneasy. They then told him to alight to be subjected to more thorough inspection by the police officers.
They allegedly discovered a sachet of shabu inside the sling bag of Awal. The contraband weight 45.40 grams with an estimated street value of P726,400. The suspect was turned over to the Bunawan Police Station.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?