More than P700,000 worth of shabu were seized from a taxi passenger while trying to pass through the joint AFP-PNP checkpoint in Barangay Alejandra Navarro (Lasang), Bunawan District on Monday afternoon.
He was identified as Dutamanot Cawine Awal, 28, a resident of Sentro Luayan, Mangudadatu, Maguindanao.
Col. Consolito Yecla, the Task Force Davao commander, said that Awal was riding a taxi from Panabo City when the checkpoint security personnel observed him acting uneasy. They then told him to alight to be subjected to more thorough inspection by the police officers.
They allegedly discovered a sachet of shabu inside the sling bag of Awal. The contraband weight 45.40 grams with an estimated street value of P726,400. The suspect was turned over to the Bunawan Police Station.
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year