More than P700,000 worth of shabu were seized from a taxi passenger while trying to pass through the joint AFP-PNP checkpoint in Barangay Alejandra Navarro (Lasang), Bunawan District on Monday afternoon.
He was identified as Dutamanot Cawine Awal, 28, a resident of Sentro Luayan, Mangudadatu, Maguindanao.
Col. Consolito Yecla, the Task Force Davao commander, said that Awal was riding a taxi from Panabo City when the checkpoint security personnel observed him acting uneasy. They then told him to alight to be subjected to more thorough inspection by the police officers.
They allegedly discovered a sachet of shabu inside the sling bag of Awal. The contraband weight 45.40 grams with an estimated street value of P726,400. The suspect was turned over to the Bunawan Police Station.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories