More than P700,000 worth of shabu were seized from a taxi passenger while trying to pass through the joint AFP-PNP checkpoint in Barangay Alejandra Navarro (Lasang), Bunawan District on Monday afternoon.
He was identified as Dutamanot Cawine Awal, 28, a resident of Sentro Luayan, Mangudadatu, Maguindanao.
Col. Consolito Yecla, the Task Force Davao commander, said that Awal was riding a taxi from Panabo City when the checkpoint security personnel observed him acting uneasy. They then told him to alight to be subjected to more thorough inspection by the police officers.
They allegedly discovered a sachet of shabu inside the sling bag of Awal. The contraband weight 45.40 grams with an estimated street value of P726,400. The suspect was turned over to the Bunawan Police Station.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1