A 13-year-old grade 3 student was found dead with a hack wound on her neck in Purok 12, Barangay Panalum, Paquibato District around 3 p.m. on Monday.
Meanwhile, the suspect, Melchor Auguis, 45, farmer, and a resident of the same barangay, was immediately arrested in a hot-pursuit operation.
Col. Kirby John Kraft, city police director, said the victim was a student of Panalum Elementary School.
According to Kraft, Punong Barangay Analou Trepreses sought police help after being informed about a missing girl.
Immediately, personnel of the Paquibato Police Station, led by Capt. Mervin Montecillo, SSg. Fernando Andan, Cpl. Nasapil Lipasan, Cpl. Ambrosio Bilarmino, Cpl. Ringie Zapanta, and patrolmen Christ John Banquil, Ryan Jay Bardon, and Jopher Libot-Libot went to the scene to extend assistance.
Initial investigation disclosed that around 6 a.m. of June 28, the victim and her 15-year-old brother were fetched by the suspect to his house supposedly to get their missing dog. After about an hour, the teenager returned home along to feed livestock.
The victim was left alone with the suspect.
Around 4 p.m., the 42-year-old mother of the victim realized that her daughter has not yet returned home. She began searching for her and informed their purok leader, Titing Solaba, about her concerns.
By Monday, everybody in the neighborhood, along with the police, were already searching for the missing child. Her body was found on Monday afternoon.
Kraft said that the arresting officers observed that the suspect was observed to be under the influence of drugs when he was handcuffed.
Police are still investigating whether or not the victim was sexually abused. The body of the victim now lies in Rivera Funeral Homes.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art