There are 20,686 slots remaining for educational assistance for families affected by job and income losses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Eskwela Davao is an educational assistance program offered for children whose families lost their sources of income and jobs due to lockdowns and movement restrictions to slow the spread of the coronavirus in the city.
Mayor Sara Duterte encouraged all parents whose income was either lost or reduced but want to continue to secure their children’s education to avail of the government assistance.
Out of the 22,000 target beneficiaries, 2,962 slots are still open for kindergarten pupils who will get P1,000 each; 9,493 slots for elementary pupils at P2,000 each; 4,039 slots for high school pupils at P3,000 each; and, 4,192 slots for senior high students at P3,000 each.
Interested applicants may download the application form at www.facebook.com/eskweladavao and submit the requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, or directly submit their application form and requirements at High Priority Bus System (HPBS) Project Office located at 2/F Pasalubong Center, Palma Gil St., Poblacion District.
Norman Baloro, the program head of Eskwela Davao, warned applicants to be cautious of fixers and those who are selling the application form.
“Be aware of the right information, at the same time, the right documents to be submitted. Do not trust fixers. The application forms are not for sale. All the services of the government for the Eskwela Davao and Work for Davao are free,” Baloro stressed.
To avail of the assistance, applicants need to submit a filled-out Eskwela Davao application form wherein the student’s name should be put as the beneficiary, previous/latest report card, school ID or certification that the student is enrolled for the school year 2020-2021, and certificate of eligibility from the nearest City Social Welfare and Development Office that the family income has been affected during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Discover new tech trends and the new retail at the Stores Asia Expo 2022
- 10th ID donates aircons to seniors
- `Disgraceful version’ Sara lambastes Walden Bello for `blaming’ her for libel case
- Man missing as floods hit city, bares CDRRMO
- Thai, 14 others to judge `Indak-indak’, says organizer
- Councilors acknowledge Times’ role in shaping Davao’s history
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Davao Light and Poer Co., Inc. Service disruptions on August 11, 12, and 13 in different areas of Davao City
- ROUGH CUTS | One light moment with the late FVR
- OFFICIAL | Number of enrollees seen to surpass number last year