The Tactical Operations Wing-Eastern Mindanao converted container vans into billeting facilities for its personnel.
On June 23, a simple blessing ceremony was conducted at the headquarters of TOW-EastMin, Davao Air Station in Barangay Sasa, Buhangin District. The blessing was officiated by Lt. Col. Melchor Torayno with the Lt. Gen. Allen Paredes, commanding general of the Philippine Air Force, and Col. Jeffrey M. Vilela, wing commander ofTOW-EastMin in attendance.
During the visit of Paredes at TOW-EastMin headquarters last January 26, one of the issues cited was the lack of billeting facilities for the personnel who are deployed as frontliners in the battle to slow down the transmission of the virus. He then immediately addressed and approved the repair and renovation of the Airmen’s Barracks.
As the budget for the said repair and renovation was about to be released, the unexpected COVID-19 pandemic started, which led the government to focus its budget on the rehabilitation of the nation from the health crisis.
As an immediate response in the congestion of the billeting facilities of personnel inside the base during the pandemic and to comply with the social distancing protocol, Vilela coordinated with the Office of the Air Force Chief Engineer to come up with the construction of a fabricated container vans as an alternative billeting facilities.
He said these container vans are detachable and can be easily relocated to different locations.
“It is paramount that the living condition of TOW-EastMin personnel inside the base is well maintained, thus boosting their morale and will help ease their congestion in the barracks,” he added.
The project was started last May 12, 2020 and was completed on June 2.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories