Law enforcers arrested two individuals, one of them a beneficiary of the Special Amelioration Program and the other a farmer, for illegal drugs.
Arrested on Thursday, the SAP beneficiary allegedly yielded about P4 million in illegal drugs when he was arrested during an operation along Kilometer 23, Centro Bunawan said
Major Noel Villahermosa, Bunawan police station commander.
Villahermosa said Debbie Mae Atillo Abdul, 42, married, of Purok 1-B, Bucana, Brgy 76-A will face a criminal complaint for violating Sections 5 and 11 of RA 9165.
Hermosa said the operation resulted in the arrest of Abdul who yielded a big sachet of shabu to a police agent who was acting as buyer. When she was frisked, she yielded four other big sachets. The authorities estimated the total value of the illegal drugs at about P4 million.
In Toril, Maj Jason L Baria, Toril police station commander, said Dante Ayang Domingo of Sitio Tubison, Astorga, Sta. Cruz, Davao del Sur was arrested on the same day along along McArthur Highway, Brgy. Binugao, Toril.
Seized from Domingo were two sachets of shabu and several other belongings including a motorcycles.
Cases against them were still being prepared as of press time.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?