Two men were arrested after they allegedly lobbing a sachet of shabu inside the Davao City male jail facility on Tuesday.
They were identified as Johny Bibangu Civizon and Anthony Bungcal Lazaga.
Jail Inspector Edo Lobenia, the spokesperson of Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP), said they were caught by Rex Pisa, a member of the Civil Security Unit, when they lobbed a piece of white plastic cellophane toward the direction of the basketball court.
Pisa confronted the suspects who ran away. They were about toe scape with Lobenia arrived from an errand in Bankerohan Public Market.
He drew his pistol and pointed it at the two men who surrendered. The two jail officers on duty outside helped in handcuffing the two suspects. Confiscated from them was a pink face powder container sealed with electrical tape. Inside, authorities found three sachets of shabu.
For now, the two were already turned over to the Talomo Police Station for the filing of appropriate case for violation of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art