Two men were arrested after they allegedly lobbing a sachet of shabu inside the Davao City male jail facility on Tuesday.
They were identified as Johny Bibangu Civizon and Anthony Bungcal Lazaga.
Jail Inspector Edo Lobenia, the spokesperson of Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP), said they were caught by Rex Pisa, a member of the Civil Security Unit, when they lobbed a piece of white plastic cellophane toward the direction of the basketball court.
Pisa confronted the suspects who ran away. They were about toe scape with Lobenia arrived from an errand in Bankerohan Public Market.
He drew his pistol and pointed it at the two men who surrendered. The two jail officers on duty outside helped in handcuffing the two suspects. Confiscated from them was a pink face powder container sealed with electrical tape. Inside, authorities found three sachets of shabu.
For now, the two were already turned over to the Talomo Police Station for the filing of appropriate case for violation of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories