A government worker was arrested in a buy-bust conducted in Emily Homes Subdivision, Barangay Tres de Mayo, Digos City at 9:50 p.m. on Sunday.
He was identified as Jomar Lapates Bansag alias Pugak, 38, job order employee, and a resident of Purok San Francisco, Barangay Cogon.
Recovered from his possession were seven sachets of shabu weighing 5.8 grams and valued at P92,800, Samsung phone, a Suzuki motorcycle, and P1,000 cash.
He was arrested by the joint elements of the Digos City Police Station, Provincial Drug Enforcement Unit, Provincial Intelligence Branch, and Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency-Davao Del Sur Provincial Office.
The suspect is now detained in the Digos City Police as he faces a case for violation of R.A 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WRITING DETOURS | Confessions of a Fortnite virgin
- ROUGH CUTS | Were they neophyte traffic law enforcers?
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher
- 858 affected workers apply for government financial aid
- PSC says yes to Tokyo Olympics budget from POC
- Go Negosyo, PCCI, OCTA Research join hands to push population protection
- DOLE-Davao hosts virtual job fair
- NPA rebel killed in Misamis clash
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Shot again