One hundred twenty four former rebels received livelihood and financial assistance under the enhanced comprehensive local integration program (E-Clip) held in Barangay New Visayas, Sto. Tomas, Davao del Norte on June 17.
Lt. Col. Silas Trasmontero, the 89th Infantry Battalion commander, said 121 former Milisyang Bayan (MB) members received P15,000 from the Department of Interior and Local Government while three former regular New People’s Army fighters received P65,000 each.
They surrendered to the battalion in July of last year. He said they were also former members of Komiting Rebolusyonaryo sa Munisipalidad (KRM), a shadow government already at the municipal level established by the Guerrilla Front 55 (GF55) at the boundary of San Fernando and Kitaotao, Bukidnon.
The ceremony was led by Davao del Norte Governor Edwin I Jubahib, Brig. Gen. Nolasco Mempin, 1003rd Infantry Brigade commander, Davao del Norte Provincial Social and Welfare Development Office director Abito D. Bernasur, and Trasmontero.
Trasmontero said the battalion will always serve as a vessel to bridge different agencies in bringing peace and development in conflict-affected areas.
“It will continue to appeal to the remaining members of GF55 to surrender, live a normal life, and help the government in attaining a long-lasting peace and progress in their community,” he added.
- Man yields shabu at checkpoint
- Man nabbed for shabu
- ROUGH CUTS | Making success an election issue
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 2, 2021
- Concepcion receives lifetime achievement award
- NCCC reopens Lupon branch
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 1, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Laviña | Go’s withdrawal from race a `brave move’
- 150K vaccinees in 3 days eyed