Members of the San Pedro Police Station arrested two individuals for selling liquor during an operation in front of a subdivision in Buhangin Thursday night.
Lieutenant Rizalito Clapiz III, San Pedro Police Station Intelligence officer identified those arrested as Joshua Pernes Gallegos, 35, married, salesman and a resident of Tahimik Avenue, Matina; and Romy Agoha Cornelio, 41, male, married, driver, transient resident of Lower Baliti, Buhangin and a native of Dualing, Aleosan, North Cotabato.
The two claimed they were delivering alcohol and sanitizers.
However, Clapiz said they were selling a box of Tanduay Rhum for P1,620 to a police operative who posed as buyer.
Aside from the box that they were selling to the operative, also seized from them were 12 boxes of 750 ml Tanduay Rhum and two boxes of Emperador Lights. The estimated value of the liquor seized from them was about P24,300.
Clapiz said the two tried to conceal the liquor by hiding the cargo under the alcohol and soap boxes.
However, the police unit found out about the alleged illegal activity after an informant contacted the police station.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories