Law enforcers arrested two recidivists, for selling illegal drugs in an operation in Doña Rosa, Barangay Central, Mati City, Davao Oriental about a week ago.
Agents of the Davao Oriental Provincial Office of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency Regional Office XI led by Eleazar Arapoc, and the Mati City Police Station led by Major Bembo Aying arrested Alexander Matiga and Noel Ven Ponte.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, PDEA XI spokesperson, said the two were arrested by an operative who posed as buyer as they were selling a sachet of shabu at P500 to him.
Also seized from them were five sachets of shabu about two grams and worth P30,000, drug paraphernalia and the buy-bust marked money bill were also recovered during the buy-bust operation.
Dimaandal said Matiga was also arrested for the same offense in 2017 and was able to put bail and availed of a plea bargaining scheme that resulted in his release the following year.
Pointe, on the other hand, was arrested in 2012 and was released in 2018 after serving his sentence.
“Undaunted and unrepentant, they went back to their old ways of selling illegal drugs, and eventually got arrested again for violation of the anti-drug law.,” Dimaandal added.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months