Law enforcers arrested two recidivists, for selling illegal drugs in an operation in Doña Rosa, Barangay Central, Mati City, Davao Oriental about a week ago.
Agents of the Davao Oriental Provincial Office of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency Regional Office XI led by Eleazar Arapoc, and the Mati City Police Station led by Major Bembo Aying arrested Alexander Matiga and Noel Ven Ponte.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, PDEA XI spokesperson, said the two were arrested by an operative who posed as buyer as they were selling a sachet of shabu at P500 to him.
Also seized from them were five sachets of shabu about two grams and worth P30,000, drug paraphernalia and the buy-bust marked money bill were also recovered during the buy-bust operation.
Dimaandal said Matiga was also arrested for the same offense in 2017 and was able to put bail and availed of a plea bargaining scheme that resulted in his release the following year.
Pointe, on the other hand, was arrested in 2012 and was released in 2018 after serving his sentence.
“Undaunted and unrepentant, they went back to their old ways of selling illegal drugs, and eventually got arrested again for violation of the anti-drug law.,” Dimaandal added.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon