Law enforcers arrested two recidivists, for selling illegal drugs in an operation in Doña Rosa, Barangay Central, Mati City, Davao Oriental about a week ago.
Agents of the Davao Oriental Provincial Office of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency Regional Office XI led by Eleazar Arapoc, and the Mati City Police Station led by Major Bembo Aying arrested Alexander Matiga and Noel Ven Ponte.
Nephi Noli Dimaandal, PDEA XI spokesperson, said the two were arrested by an operative who posed as buyer as they were selling a sachet of shabu at P500 to him.
Also seized from them were five sachets of shabu about two grams and worth P30,000, drug paraphernalia and the buy-bust marked money bill were also recovered during the buy-bust operation.
Dimaandal said Matiga was also arrested for the same offense in 2017 and was able to put bail and availed of a plea bargaining scheme that resulted in his release the following year.
Pointe, on the other hand, was arrested in 2012 and was released in 2018 after serving his sentence.
“Undaunted and unrepentant, they went back to their old ways of selling illegal drugs, and eventually got arrested again for violation of the anti-drug law.,” Dimaandal added.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market