The Davao City Police Office launched a component platoon comprising entirely of Lumad members.
Col. Kirby John Kraft, the city police director, said the IP platoon will be assigned to the 12 police stations.
“These policemen are also members of the IP and their main task is to respond to all issues or conflict since they belong to the same IP tribe, “Kraft said.
“They can easily understand the situation how to resolve the issue, knowing the culture of the IPs,” he added.
The platoon was formally introduced yesterday morning with Brig. Gen. Filmore Escobal, the director of Police Regional Office XI, as the guest of honor and speaker.
Capt. Rosario Aguilar, the city police spokesperson, said the IP platoon is composed of 34 policemen who are already organic personnel of every station.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission