The Davao City Police Office launched a component platoon comprising entirely of Lumad members.
Col. Kirby John Kraft, the city police director, said the IP platoon will be assigned to the 12 police stations.
“These policemen are also members of the IP and their main task is to respond to all issues or conflict since they belong to the same IP tribe, “Kraft said.
“They can easily understand the situation how to resolve the issue, knowing the culture of the IPs,” he added.
The platoon was formally introduced yesterday morning with Brig. Gen. Filmore Escobal, the director of Police Regional Office XI, as the guest of honor and speaker.
Capt. Rosario Aguilar, the city police spokesperson, said the IP platoon is composed of 34 policemen who are already organic personnel of every station.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories